Whenever someone receives a call from a strange number, we get quite uncomfortable. It could be a legitimate call from our insurance company or an acquaintance. But what if it is a scammer? How can we be sure about the caller? Don’t worry, tellows is here to help you. You can check an unknown number on tellows-au.com to see who called and why. This week we inform you about the latest fraud numbers that have been recently reported all over Australia.
tellows’ Top 5 Spam Numbers of the Week
1. 0370679621 from Melbourne with a tellows Score of 8
2. 0861462979 from Perth – with a tellows Score of 8
3. 0423556255 from Optus – with a tellows Score of 8 (Courier Scam via SMS)
4. 0390875570 from Melbourne – with a tellows Score of 8
5. 0386389099 from Melbourne – with a tellows Score of 8
What You Can Do
- Check every unknown number on tellows-au.com and leave a comment to warn others about the caller.
- In our latest blog post we inform you about the recent scams and what you can do to avoid them.
- Block callers with the help of the tellows apps.
- On your landline, you can often block callers with your router or handset. You may contact your provider or phone company to ask for more details about this option.
- Register at the Do Not Call Register to avoid telemarketers in the first place.
- Report scams to the Scamwatch website, so they can take action.
Have you been scammed these days or received unwanted calls? Tell us your story in the comments!